Geothermal Heat Pumps
A geothermal heat pump is a heating and cooling system based on using the earth as the energy exchange source. The temperature of the earth is used here as a heat source in the winter to warm the interior or air in a place. And in summer the same earth source is used as a heat sink to cool the interior air. Call us today (302) 838-6905!
Geothermal Heat Pump Repair Service in Delaware: Pike Creek DE, Newark DE; Wilmington DE, Middletown DE, Bear DE
The geothermal heat pump is also known by other names like geo-exchange, earth energy systems, earth coupled. When solar energy is used in combination with earth energy then such pumps are called geosolar systems. The most popular alternative name is though Ground Source heat pump (GSHP). Call us today (302) 838-6905!
Geothermal Heat Pump Installation Service in Delaware: Newark DE; Wilmington DE, Middletown DE, Bear DE
Working of a geothermal heat pump
The working concept of geothermal heat pumps is simple. It’s an electrically powered unit, which is like a refrigerator that uses the earth as a source for heat exchanging. The temperature inside the earth is 50 to 60 F always consistently. The pump just uses this heat of the earth to warm or cool the room air.
The GSHP unit contains a heat pump, a ground loop containing water that circulates along the pipeline to extract ground heat, and a duct system that transfers the hot or cold air to the rooms.
Geothermal Heat Replacement in Delaware: New Castle DE, Newark DE; Wilmington DE, Middletown DE, Bear DE
Heat from the earth is picked up by the circulating water in-ground loop. This heat is extracted from the water by the pump. Then the hot air is sent to rooms through vents by the air ducts for winter room heating. In the summer, heat is extracted from room air and the loop water is heated using that extracted heat. While the room air gets cool the heated water dissipates the heat to the ground, or that heat is used for water heating in the home.
Benefits of using geothermal heat pumps
A geothermal heat pump system comes with the following benefits at a glance:
- No fossil fuels are burnt in the use of this pump. Hence emission of carbon dioxide is null here. Also, much fewer greenhouse gases are released.
- Due to no emission of carbon monoxide, the air quality is very rich with GSHP units.
- Once installed it has roughly 20 years of durability in general.
- The efficiency of geothermal heat pumps is almost 400 percent compared to 78 to 90 percent efficiency of other fossils fuel-powered heat exchange pumps.
- This kind of pump can be operated using a smart home remote-controlled system through computers.