The heating and cooling devices inside our home require a considerable investment. Thus, replacing an air conditioner and a furnace at the same time not only sounds expensive, but it actually is. After looking at this from a different perspective and after talking to many homeowners who have replaced their air conditioner and furnace together, we concluded that replacing both the device at the same time may be expensive. Still, it saves you money in the long run. But the question is if your air conditioner has given up, but your furnace can be fixed with heating services in Wilmington, DE should you consider replacing your furnace too?
Replacing the Air Conditioner and the Furnace at the Same Time
An air conditioner runs for 15 to 20 years, whereas the average lifespan is 15 to 30 years. Thus, a furnace works twice as long as an air conditioner. And you might be tempted to postpone the replacement of your furnace if it’s not too old. However, if you are replacing your air conditioner, you must consider changing your furnace to contribute to the entire HVAC system’s efficacy.
When Must You Replace the Air Conditioner and The Furnace at The Same Time?
While it is not necessary to replace your air conditioner and furnace at the same time, you may consider replacing it if the following contemplations are applicable in your case:
- Your Furnace Is More Than 15 Years Old: If your furnace is 15 years old, it will definitely start losing its efficiency over time. If you are replacing your air conditioner, you can replace your 15 years old furnace too. A new furnace will increase your home comfort and will help the entire system to work efficiently.
- If the Installation Is Complicated: In many cases, it is difficult to replace your air conditioner alone, due to the common electrical wirings. And the HVAC technicians may find replacing both the systems to be a better choice.
- If You Want to Avoid Repairs and Replacement for A While: A new furnace will keep the need for heating replacement in Wilmington, DE, at bay. A new air conditioner and furnace together will keep your home comfort uninterrupted.
When Don’t You Need to Replace Your Air Conditioner and Furnace Together?
There are many instances when you must consider waiting to replace your furnace at the same time as your air conditioner, such as:
- If your furnace is less than 8 years old
- When you don’t need HVAC repair in Wilmington, DE for your furnace
A furnace lasts for 20 to 30 years, and if your furnace is less than 10 years old, replacing the system may turn out to be a wastage of money. But your air conditioner needs to be changed every 10 to 15 years. And if your air conditioner has reached its maximum lifespan, you must replace the AC alone.
It’s always better to talk to an expert for professional suggestions before making a final decision. Talk to D&T Heating and Cooling to inspect your air conditioner and furnace and determine if you need to replace both the system. Contact us to get free estimates for replacement and other heating services in Wilmington, DE.